The Academy website needs to be conserved between now and sometime in 2015 when we are ready to announce it again. Can you please make the following changes?
– Add praise plastered all over (I will supply).
– Change date to May 2016
– Change the dates throughout to May 1 – May 5, 2016.
– Only two modules (reorganize the Details page accordingly):
- Applied (May 1): identification of bark and ambrosia beetles, diagnostics of damage in the field, and management of pest species in the Southeastern US. For tree health practitioners and extension faculty/agents. 1 full day
- Academic (May 2-5): advanced identification, global scope, 12 hours of hands-on microscope sessions, specialized topics, and field trips. For students, researchers, agency entomologists, and enthusiasts.
– Confirmed presenters:
- Jiri Hulcr University of Florida
- Anthony Cognato Michigan State University
- Sarah M. Smith Michigan State University
- Tom Atkinson University of Texas, Austin
- Jeffrey Eickwort Florida Forest Service
- Marc Hughes University of Florida
Schedule: TBD (perhaps just a pop-up saying TBD?)
– delete existing updates
– Keep the: Sign Up thing…
- but remove the “Interested in modules…”
The Registration page:
Get ready for to the SECOND Bark Beetle Academy! This is the biggest educational, scientific and social event focused on bark and ambrosia beetles. Register and join us to learn more about these important insects and to meet leading bark and ambrosia beetle scientists.
…work directly with specialists
…receive state-of-the art identification and management materials
…participate in hands-on identification practice
…learn how to collect beetles in the field during their peak season in Florida’s Spring
…receive Continuing Education Units from the Society of American Foresters and the International Society of Arboriculture.
…enjoy a high instructor/student ratio
Registration for the 2016 Academy is not yet open
If you don’t want to miss the registration for next Academy in 2016, we recommend that you sign up for updates. Our quota for the first Academy in 2014 filled up in less than two months!
Sign up here for updates!