Brian, when you are in next time, could you please let me know, and I will show you what needs to be done to clean up the walk-in freezer? Thanks
Articles posted by jirihulcr
Could you please attach the new shelf for the incubators? I’ll tell you how when you get back to the lab.
WHen the shelf is attached, could you bring the last incubator from the basement and put it on the shelf?
Brian, could you move all vials from the box “ready for -80” to the -80 freezer in the basement?
Please make absolutely sure they are ALL sorted by number. Please don’t assume that they are sorted correctly, check them all, one by one.
Just found out that I wasn’t the first to develop the amazing BeetleBottle trap. The first one was an entomologist named Steve Bambara. Could you please rename the BeetleBottle trap to the Bambara Beetle Trap? It also sounds kind of fun….
When we make a protocol on the /labprotocols site with the neat WP form, we then have to create a hard link to it on the /lab page, right? Just making sure that there isn’t some automatic function in there…
- grinding tool
- hood time
- strong forceps
- ethanol in petri dish
- vial rack
Scrape piece of 1 gallery in the hood, scrape into
a. 1 ml of 1X PBS AUTOCLAVED phosphate buffer saline solution in tube
3. mortar & pestle
4. plate directly, refrigeration decreases growing success
5. Plate three different dilutions, refer to the appropriate protocol.
- WebCam on a stand
- paper light diffuser
- white base
- goose-neck lights
- Open WebCam Software, go to Quick Capture, set it to Photos.
- Take off the lid of the culture.
- In Controls, check the following:
- Resolution: large (2 MP)
- Zoom: minimal (get as close to the plate as possible).
- Autofocus. If it’s not auto-focusing properly, unclick Autofocus and focus manually.
- Saving: Save directly to S://Forest Entomology/Plate Photos/XXXX.jpg
- Make sure that the photo looks good.
- If the photo is good, discard plate in an autoclave bag.
Just testing if this shows up first or last…
BTW: what is Tags for?
– Title of each Reply is as big as that of the original post – please make much smaller and inconspicuous, to reduce text that’s self-explanatory.
– Can items in each of the Protocol category be a list, rather than a jumble?
– Column with speakers a tiny bit too narrow, some names on two lines.
– the registration box also should contain a field “What topics would you like to see covered in the workshop?”
BeetleBottle trap page
– spacing at the bottom right is funny (partly a result of my messing around with it). Can we get the “You can get paid..” a bit closer to the paragraph it belongs to, and the “Still have questions..” a bit farther?
– Do you like the h1 font? I don’t. I am starting to think that the font used for headings on the site (from before you got on board) is a bit boring. Any ideas how to spruce it up?