New user accounts will have to register Helicon before stacking their first images. Otherwise, they will end up with a watermark and be limited to a lower quality. Please contact Jiri for the activation code.
Articles posted by Zach Nolen
-2mL Sarstedt screw cap tubes
-12.5cm diameter filter paper
-#2 size insect pin
1. For each vial, use pin to poke a small hole in the middle of the bottom from the outside. Do this by heating the pin until red hot on the flame, then pushing it through the center until the tip just breaks into the inside, leaving a small opening between the inside and outside of the tube.
2. Tear off a small piece of kimwipe and push this down to the bottom of each vial.
3. Cut the filter paper into 4 quarters, rolling each one up to about the size of the inside diameter of the tube and push inside. Make sure the filter paper touches the sides and covers everything from the tissue at the bottom to the top of the vial.
4. Cut the excess filter paper off the vial to allow it to close.
5. Fill the tube with loose scraps of kimwipes.
6. After you have a batch of tubes, place them in an autoclave safe container with their caps loose and run on the liquid 15 cycle.
7. If the autoclave wet the tissues inside the tubes, then tightly close them, they are ready to go collecting. If not, add a drop or two of de-ionized water inside each to wet the tissue, then seal tightly.