I washed all the dishes today and realized that we need to buy some more lab detergent
Could you prepare 1L of PDA hard?
Also, in a separate autoclave cycle (solids) autoclave a beaker full of blue pestels and a beaker full of 1.5 mL microcent tubes. This task is a lower priority.
Brian, the shelf is ready to be finished. When you get it, I’ll let you know what to do.
Please clean up the walk-in cooler. The traps, packing boxes, and the nitrogen tank are ours and should stay, everything else can be discarded. Clean up the whole thing well. Of course you should leave the shelves in there.
Please don’t do anything with the chemicals, Adam will deal with that.
When it’s done, move the rearing tupperware boxes with logs from the lab into that space.
When you are able, please make 50 culture slants:
1. UV sterilize 50 cryo tubes with lids off (open side up) for 45+ minutes.
2. Prepare 50 mL of quarter strength PDA by dividing normal ingredient amounts by 20.
3. After autoclaving the media (15 min), prop up the cryo tubes (in box) and aliquot 1 mL of media into each tube.
4. Leave the tubes open under the hood to dry and do not UV sterilize.
Thanks! You have done this before and done a great job, so if I left out any details just do what you normally have done.
Next time you are able, could you level the hood? It is making the media in plates harden on a slant. Thanks!
Brian, when you are in next time, could you please let me know, and I will show you what needs to be done to clean up the walk-in freezer? Thanks
Could you please attach the new shelf for the incubators? I’ll tell you how when you get back to the lab.
WHen the shelf is attached, could you bring the last incubator from the basement and put it on the shelf?
Brian, could you move all vials from the box “ready for -80” to the -80 freezer in the basement?
Please make absolutely sure they are ALL sorted by number. Please don’t assume that they are sorted correctly, check them all, one by one.
This week, could you also do the following:
1. Make 1L of PDA hard plates
2. Autoclave remaining old plates
3. Add more yellow caps to cryo tubes (no need to autoclave)