China: Jun 9-Aug 3rd (EAPSI) – offer and 5K stipend accepted.
- Project goals:
- Pine/oak beetle-associated fungi
- Trapping/collecting high diversity of beetles
- X. crassiusculus for biogeography project
- Cryphalines from wood
- Train new student for work in Thailand
- Project outcomes and final report due to NSF by Dec. 1
- Solidify plan of research with Wang Bo. Negotiate details for finding sufficient sites/tree spp., acquiring an assistant, etc.
- NSF orientation in Arlington April 3-4
- Acquire visas, materials
Thailand: Aug 3-8
- Give talk at International Mycological Congress in Bangkok